Monday, January 14, 2008

Art Journaling-part one-what is it?

I first came across the concept of art journaling while looking for "alternative" rubber stamp images. I had enough flowers and trees and leaf images and wanted something edgier. I found Teesha Moore.











Not only were her stamps amazing, but she was using them to express herself in a way that made me green with envy.










Her journals were so different, and so expressive and so....well...pretty, that I immediately wanted to DO THAT! Since then the altered art community has exploded and art journaling, some times called visual journaling, is more and more popular and easy to find. Here are some of the more well known artists.

Misty Mawn










Ingrid Dijkers









Eliza Metz

















Now we know what it is, stay tuned for art journaling-part 2-why do it?? With a little bit of how thrown in.

Angharad

No comments: