Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sculpted knits

Another star student that I have blogged about before is my friend Evi. (see her blog).

She recently told me about some knitwork that I must check out. Sandra Backlund is the artist's name. I had the devil of a time trying to remember this woman's name. It's like one of those phone numbers that is impossible to remember- (even though no one memorizes phone numbers anymore)- because there's no pattern to the numbers- and no matter how many times you dial it, you cannot retain them. She had to train me phonetically. It became sort of a joke. I'm usually pretty good with names, too...

Anyway, I looked up her site and the work is just stunning! Hand-made. Not much is planned- she lets her needles go where they take her.

I agree that her work is more sculpture than fashion. Thanks for the tip!

-Carolyn






1 comment:

MR said...

WOW WOW WOW! I must find out more about this designer!